BA 2023+ ex LHR/LGW – Where should they “expand”?/Can they really expand?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)

• summerfly
    Participant

Only the 777- 300ER has the new first suite with doors and only 8 seats in the cabin, much better than the 14 seat cabin. I flew on it to MLE recently and am due to fly it again to JNB in September.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

BOTP
    Lufthansa will also retrofit the A380 with a new business class but different from Allegris. I expect the planes to fly longer too.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

Ok, rowing back on my previous comment at pace, we have the following airlines who will probably / possibly be operating the A380 on 1st Jan 2030.

Emirates, BA, Qantas, Lufthansa, Etihad and, of course, our friends at Global.

Olneyflyer
    Participant

Hi BOTP – I would also include Singapore in your listing as well. I cannot see them being retired anytime soon from their fleet.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

Well, I was referring to 1st Jan 2030 and I would be surprised if Singapore Airlines was still operating the A380 then.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello BOTP – one airline you omitted was Japan’s ANA.

ANA took delivery of three of the final A380s manufactured by Airbus.

They have a premium configuration despite being deployed on the Honolulu route.

In years to come I would not be surprised to see ANA operating them to Europe or USA.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

I’m prepared to be proved wrong (in 6 years time!) but ANA is another airline that I don’t think will be operating the A380 on 1st January 2030.

Again, I have absolutely nothing to back that up. Just my thoughts.

sparkyflier
    Participant

BOTP/Olneyflyer/Alex/Lets fly now – suggest your suggestions and thoughts above would add to the interesting A380 discussion cwoodward started

Is there a major revival of interest in the A380 ?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Oops apologies I see you have made contributions!

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

There is indeed a degree of duplication on this forum….especially when it comes to BA!

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls