BA 2 unusual pricing anomalies

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I observed 2 strange BA pricing inconsistencies during recent transaction.

I booked an intra Europe Avios flight. I then needed to change it to a different date. I tried this on BA.com via the exec club login. The Fee for the change was CHF 57. However simply cancelling the flight and rebooking the required flight only cost CHF 23 in cancellation fees. I needed to do the same thing a week later and found the same discrepancy. Hence advise is to cancel and re-book rather than ‘change’.

Secondly I needed to book a flight into LCY from Europe paying cash (not avios). The flight cost on the hand baggage only (‘Basic’) fare in Y was CHF 156 and the fare including 1 bag (i.e. the ‘Plus’ fare) was 272.
    So, the bag and seat choice option was CHF 116 extra. Normally it is in the order of CHF 20. So Beware!

openfly
    Participant

For a U.K. booking that is cancelled there is a minimum charge of £35.

SwissExPat
    Participant

[quote quote=891300]For a U.K. booking that is cancelled there is a minimum charge of £35.[/quote]

Had a quick look again… definitely CHF 23 per person in Switzerland..approx GBP17.

Just to note that this was a 1 way booking hence maybe your GBP35 is for a return cancellation?

openfly
    Participant

@SwissExPat….I maybe wrong but I think it is a standard fee for cancelling a PNR…single, return or multi.

ASEAN Traveller
    Participant

Cancellation fee is the lower of (1) cash portion of the Avios ticket actually paid (taxes, carrier surcharges, the like) and (2) GBP 35 (or equivalent). In this case I suspect the cancellation fee fell under category (1) above.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve found that different rules apply to tickets bought in the UK, Switzerland and Italy. It also depends on the fare originally paid. But these anomalies do not surprise me, you can often get a better fare, or better conditions depending on which website you use. Always gratifying when it works to your advantage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls