BA 1st Lounge at LHR T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

FlyingDoc
    Participant

HI all

I have recently booked a 1st Class BA ticket to Sydney, and I wonder if anyone could give me some information on the 1st Class lounge at T3, since I have only used T5 lounges. I am aware there is no Concorde room (shame!), but how does the lounge compare ?

Thanks !

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I personally don’t think there is much difference between both first lounges apart from perhaps the size. The decor is similar, there is a champagne bar in the centre of the lounge, First dining at the end on the right (you’ll need an invite from the desk when you enter the lounge). The food choice was OK although not as good as the Concorde Lounge in T5, although I don’t know how it compares to the First offering in T5 – I would imagine its similar. The lounge feels quite private which is also nice. Shame about the trek through the retail space to get to it, especially if you have heavy hand luggage. The few times I’ve used it, I’ve found it hard to get treatments at the Elemis Spa because they have been fully booked (and I am normally there about 3 hours before departure) – I may just have been unlucky.

On the way back, try out the Qantas 1st Lounge at SYD – they have great facilities and a great Spa with 50 minute treatments, as long as you book in advance. In my experience, its much better than any other offering from any other airline that I’ve flown on. The food in the SYD lounge is also great.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find all the lounges at Heathrow to be of similalr standard, the main differentiating factors are:

how busy they get (higher up the “frequent traveller ladder you get, the quieter they are)

the door you enter (Concorde lounge)

the Concorde lounge obviously has the snob factor, however, it is very nice

all the other lounges are very simillar in food, alcohol and confort factor. I recently took my family into the upstairs lounge in T5 as appose to the Galleries First. Apart from upstairs being busier there was no real difference.

T3, depending on the time of day, you may find a quieter spot in the business lounge instead of the First class lounge.

If you want a heavier meal, most certainly you will need the First lounge + dining invitation.

kin3kin
    Participant

Ba 1st lounge at LHR T3,has dining facilities ? what is this invite from desk ??dont all 1st passengers allow to use dining option?can we book in advance ? and meals good ???

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The lounge complex in T3 has dining facilites. In the First lounge, First travellers are able to take advantage of a dining room meal service. This does not need to be booked in advance but a voucher is provided on production of a First boarding pass. For others, there is buffet food available as well as a menu service offering a selection foods, both hot and cold. The food has improved significantly over the past few months, especially over the strike periods.

I hope you enjoy your BA lounge experience.

FlyingDoc
    Participant

Thanks everyone ! Will make sure I enjoy it, although the cabanas and dining area at the Concorde lounge in T5 are fantastic – I’ll have to make do with T3 this time !

VintageKrug
    Participant

lsd1908
    Participant

Hi There,
    I am flying from LHR to MEL with Qantas and I am greatful for all the info about the BA1st Lounge at T3.

Please let me know what your experience was.

Have a great flight.
    Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls