Avoid Toronto in Late June

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

TemboOne
    Participant

I just want to post a warning to anyone who may be contemplating a visit to Toronto next month.

The G8 and G20 Leaders’ Summits take place 25th, 26th & 27th June, primarily in Toronto on 26th / 27th June .

Many world leaders will be attending and a huge swath of downtown Toronto is expected to be closed off to the public, affecting residents, hotels, restaurants, and many other businesses.

Employees and residents within the affected areas will be required to obtain some form of special police ID in order to gain access.

These closures are expected to start commencing in mid-June and run into early July.

If you have any business in Toronto over the above period I urge you to investigate how this may affect your plans.

There are expected to be about 14,000 police and military enforcing security and placing a ring of steel around the closed areas.

This is being classified as an unprecedented security operation for peacetime.

Major League Baseball has already been forced to move a three game series scheduled for Toronto 25/26/27th June out of Canada to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

For the record, I live 400 miles north of Toronto and am not affected, other than two of my adult children being police officers, one is a Mountie.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

in todays world where security is paramount – I wish you all the very best and hope that the G8 and G10 summits bring prestige and benefit to Toronto.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls