Avios to SFO and LAX

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Most of the time 1, Becky, sometimes 2, occasionally 4. I don’t try to get them in F, though, I am usually trying to upgrade to J. At the end of the day, though, it is the willingness of the airline to bend the rules/make exceptions/whatever by releasing revenue seats for redemptions that is the key.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Persistence is key; many of the strategies I use to get exactly the seats I want are outlined above.

It’s not rocket science.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Re Avios, I agree with VintageKrug’s above post, its all about persistence, trying time and time and time again, for longhaul.

I imagine with CX, one tries and from Ian’s comments, usually not more than once.

At least the sun is shining in Florida and there’s not worry about snow this weekend.

(oh,it was a revenue ticket this time – no avios available)

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I suppose trying to phone BA direct and request a remeption is totally out of the question?

SILENTSCOUSER
    Participant

they are so unhelpful — i aksed them for help and it was a no — i again asked can you offer anything over a different time they again said no

whats the point of having all these miles and tier points — having a Gold card — the only benefit is the champagne bar at terminal 5 ….

i do about 7-10 long haul flights a year and have been a very loyal customer — but reading all the other comments i am having to think twice

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Becky, I have in the past called BAEC and they are very helpful.

I also use the BAEC website to make bookings and quite honestly, 95% of my European bookings, nothing beats it, for me anyway…

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Martyn, I often have to call CX more than once. As I said the first try works about half the time. If it doesn’t, we keep phoning!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls