Avios from Germany 1st Sept 2013

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Does anyone know why flights are so scarce for 1st September Germany to LON? Tried several options both in Club and Economy, but cant get anything… Miles and More have plenty of availability.

No problem on the outbound day before.

Just seems a little strange…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I’m doing a Strategic Influencing workshop in London, 2-4 Sept.

Probably filled a few airbusses 😉

pdtraveller
    Participant

Another system glitch or perhaps end of school holidays. Can’t have families getting easy access to seats……

Swissdiver
    Participant

@FDoS: LoL!

@Martyn: Sundays and Mondays are in general busy, and I guess it is even worse with the end of the summer…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

A little off topic, but something is going on – I was going to invote my wife to come to London with me on 2/9, until I discovered the fares

FR – no seats

U2 – £293

KM – £337-396

All one way.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

All very strange, especially when airmile seats become available on one of the hottest routes of the weekend, Orlando to London on Virgin!!!

I managed to get out to Germany very easily, but will probably have to return via Dusseldorf using Miles and More…

More chance to practise my German!!!!

Daytripper
    Participant

For the last few days of Aug into the first few days of Sept, flights into the UK on any route that even half resembles a holiday destination quite literally double in price. It’s the airlines taking full advantage of school holiday dates.

I’ve got to admit that I look on rather disdainfully when I see parents travelling with their children during term time, when their kids have clearly been taken out of school for the purpose.

On the other hand, the airlines’ profiteering attitude makes this a financial necessity for some hard-pressed parents.

The same applies to air miles flight availability around this time.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

result – some Frankfurt – LHR avios came available whilst I was waiting for the outbound at LCY.

Now booked and no need for me to go to Dusseldorf on Sunday to fly home….

Well done Avios…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls