Avios expiring?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• JFTraveller
    Participant

With the recent extension by BA of tier status, thanks BA, what happens to your Avios if you have not made any flights for at least 25 months say. If my last flight was in Feb 2020 and I don’t fly until Mar 2022 will my Avios be forfeit, though my silver card only expires Nov 2022?

ASK1945
    Participant

JFTraveller, if you have a BA Amex credit card then just use it. Otherwise, use your avios account to buy something – anything – and your account will remain current.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MS
    Participant

Your points won’t expire if you make a minimum of 1 Avios transaction every 3 years.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

“Avios stay with you as long as you collect, spend, purchase or share at least one Avios every 36 months.”

Source:
    https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/avios-expiry-rules

There are plenty of ways to earn or spend Avios without flying. Transfer points from credit card spend is a popular option. If you are UK based the newest option is to transfer points from, or to, the Nectar scheme.

JFTraveller
    Participant

Thanks for all the responses – Clear!

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1094978]Your points won’t expire if you make a minimum of 1 Avios transaction every 3 years.[/quote]

Be careful though, I transferred Flybe and Tesco earned AVios into my BA account , after being told that was a transaction . BA’s system didn’t and cancelled my points. I had to fight to get them re-instated and eventually to make life easier for myself i purchased the minimum amount of Avios directly from my BA account to protect my plethora of points left over from my BMI days still sitting in my account.
    Hard to spend as BA isn’t really my first choice of carrier on any of my popular routes

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls