Austrian or Tyrolean

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

As MartinJ indicated in his original response to the Poster ((and I repeated), it is one aircraft that remains the outlier.

JohnHarper
    Participant

So back to my original question, which aircraft is it? I believe it’s a 772 but I don’t know.

Perhaps Tom as you clearly don’t know the answer to the question you could remain silent on this one?

World78
    Participant

From 1 July 2012 all flights of the Austrian Airlines Group are carried out by Tyrolean Airways. Consequently, ‘”arrows”‘ was dropped from the name (Tyrolean used fly under the Austrian Arows brand).

The entire fleet and staff of the Austrian Airlines Group (approximately 460 pilots and 1,500 pursers) were transferred to Tyrolean. All Austrian Airlines Group flight’s (except for a 777-200ER OE-LPB due to international traffic laws) are now being “operated by Tyrolean”, but have maintained their OS flight numbers.

Looking at FlightRadar24 it looks like for all but one flight in the last week OE-LPB has been used on the VIE-JFK sector and yesterday was used once on VIE-NRT.

rferguson
    Participant

Austrian Airlines ‘proper’ operates a sole 767-300 aircraft in order to maintain its Airport Operators Certificate (AOC).

JohnHarper
    Participant

Thank you – the answers to my question!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls