Austrian Airlines Fokker 100 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

andrew007
    Participant

An excellent flight from Vienna – LHR in Y class. I took the train from the city but was rather hoping they would be generous with hand baggage rules so passed up the chance to check in their (available up to 75 minutes before departure).

I rather approached the business check in at the airport (I am a gold card carries with Star though with a different programme to Lufthansa) and got the green light to take my slightly overweight luggage aboard plus a small second piece. The check in guy was very friendly and did warn me that security may challenge this – and so it proved though not to the degree they sent be back.

I was allocated a window seat (8A) as per my preference – pleasing given I had not managed to check in on line. I was also given directions to the lounge.

The star lounge is up one level from security. I had lost my gold card during my journey but the guy on reception simply asked I log into my account and prove my gold status remained valid. I had not been asked to do so during other flights on my trip (and understood the Star system would be sufficent to highlight and inconsistancy with status) but had no problem being asked to do this.

Inside there were a range of drinks (nothing sparkling but otherwise a good selection) and some light food options including tomato sauce, a fried rice dish and a cold ham, cheese and pasta offering. I had the latter which was tasty and appreciated given I anticipated service on board would be lite.

It was a fair walk to the gate – about 12 minutes where, despite the boarding light was flashing, everyone was still awaiting the call. This came within a few minutes of my arrival and I was soon in my seat. We pushed back slightly late but well within time for a scheduled landing. In the air a cream cheese sandwich (one half only) was served along with a generous supply of drinks – I was originally served a generous amount of red wine, sparkling water and coffee (the latter proactively offered rather than requested). I was later given a further full of glass at the invitation of the stewardess.

We landed on time and again where we had the unusual experience of walking across 60 metres or so across the tarmac before climbing the steps for a long walk to the arrival hall and thereafter quickly out of the airport having thanks to the pragmatic approach to hand baggage.

The price for this trip (part of a wider programme of flights on Lufthansa) was exceptionally good – £167 for three legs with an open jaw section between Budapest and Vienna. Outstanding value I would say.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls