Australian Electronic Visa delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

I would like to share with forum members, that on applying for the Free ETA tourist Visa for Australia, they are now requiring yr passport to be uploaded on the application form!
    I have not been required to do this previously, but it seems obligatory now. leading to it being weeks to obtain an 12 month multiple entry Tourist or Business related Visa.

So a manual check of your Passport needs to take place by an Immigration official, unlike a year ago when i applied, i had a decision within minutes. Now i had to wait 9 days, despite having Lived and worked there, and entering several times a year and a clearly good Immigration record over many years.

Please be aware if you intend to enter Australia at short notice, that you need enough time, as it does state “between 2 days – 3 weeks processing now to issue your Electronic Visa!
    Airlines have to check if you are permitted to enter The Country, before issuing a Boarding pass to get you onto the flight.
    I have also been asked to show a printed copy of the Visa, at check-In before being “Cleared for entry” by The Australian Authorities. So, may i recommend you carry a printed paper of the Visa approval!

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

I am puzzled by your post Marcus as it contradicts the AU government information per their web sites – clearly there is some confusion and I raise the point as many will require this visa –

The below link proports to be the current 2024 link for a 3 month tourist visa for AU. (I checked several AU gov sites for 2024 requirements.
    This appears to be an exact extension of the previous arrangement that I have used many times (I no longer have AU residency)
    and much simpler than that you have outlined above.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions?product=601

TominScotland
    Participant

MarcusGB, sorry for your bad experience. We applied a couple of weeks ago – a little hassle uploading my UK passport details because the surface is too shiny!! No problems with our Irish and German passports and the confirmation letters came within 1 a few minutes. Travelling today so hopefully all will be good on arrival.

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

@MarcusGB sorry to hear of your issue. Could be an isolated incident.

I just applied with my German passport (had been granted in 2022 and 2023) and it was granted within seconds. Going to Australia over Easter.
    Thank you for the heads up.

esselle
    Participant

My wife and I recently applied for e651 visas and, whilst I agree that uploading passport pages is tricky because of the shiny surface, had the responses with the grant within 5 minutes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls