Arriving in South Africa

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I know quite a few Forum Members (and likely many others who Google the subject) travel to S. Africa and some may be put off by this new variant. I can only say “Don’t” be put off. I arrived yesterday at OR Tambo vaccinated and with PCR test in hand.

As you arrive at immigration you are first tested for your temperature, and then they take the “Travelers Health Questionnaire – THQ” from you. To save time you can download it before leaving or they will give you one on the plane.

Next stop is to show the negative PCR test and vaccine. I had it on paper, and my son on his phone and both versions were accepted.

And that was it. Immigration was very fast, picked up bags and 20 minutes from stepping off the aircraft we were checking in for the next internal flight. For the internal flights you do not have to show a vaccination certificate or PCR test.

All very easy and painless and I hope this helps anyone who is not sure of the arrival procedures.

Of course going back may be a different matter!!!

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls