Arriving in Egypt with an Israeli Stamp in My Passport

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but here goes.

I will be visiting Cairo (CAI) later this year.

Despite efforts to ask them not to, my passport was stamped on exit from Israel last year.

Does anyone have any direct experience of entering Egypt with an Israeli stamp? Will this be a problem, and if so should I go the hassle of applying for a new passport?

sam9151
    Participant

You won’t have a problem with the stamp – it may just earn you some extra dirty looks, but nothing official.

biztraveller
    Participant

Hello there

I travel a great deal in the Middle East and have extensive Israeli family relations so I think I should be able to answer your question.

In short, you won’t face any problems whatsoever. Israel and Egypt are at peace and Israeli tourists visit Egypt with great ease.

You will not face trouble having Israeli stamps in your passport when you travel to the following countries: United Arab Emirates (so including Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc.), Qatar (Israel and Qatar even have diplomatic relations), Jordan and Egypt.

Countries including Libya, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia will not allow you to enter with stamps.

I hope this helps.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

If you are concerned, you could investigate whether you can get a second passport.

I seem to recall that you said you are not a british citizen on another thread, which is why I say ‘investigate.’

British citizens can hold more than one passport, I have two, but the reason is that I often need to travel on one, whilst the other is going through a visa process, although visiting Israel and the other countries mentioned is another vald reason.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Yes, that’s correct. You need a letter to the Passport Agency from your employer (or, if CEO, MD etc, from another Director) setting out the reasons for needing a second passport. I understand that it’s not always ‘rubber stamped’ (pardon the pun) and that you may have to attend for interview.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls