Are BA / Avis paying me to hire a car from them on Black Friday Sale ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

The black Friday weekend offer (expiring 27 Nov 2018) from BA / Avis rewards me with 5,000 + 700 Avios for a 3 day rental of a group C or higher car for booking periods up to end of January 2018.

I have just booked a Car (satisfying the criteria for this offer) for €61. [Other aggregator sites priced the same car in the region of €40 for the booking so I am paying a slight premium using the BA/Avis site]. Also I get an extra free driver via the AVIS/BA offer which would narrow the gap.

I know that different forum members have various valuation methods for Avios. I tend to use what one used to be able to buy 30,000 avios with bonuses for, this worked out at about GBP 13 per 1,000 Avios (call it €15 per 1,000). This is slightly more conservative than MartynSinclair’s method of the equivalent value of comparative cost saved against reward seats on UK-EU short haul (which is where I generally spend my Avios)

So my spend of €61 will be rewarded with Avios to the “value” of €85.5 or if you regarded my real spend as the difference between the lowest cost for the booking and what I spent, call it €21 (61 minus 40) for €85.5 !!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’ve done well compared to some of the offers for it…

BA Black Friday Sale

SwissExPat
    Participant

5,702 Avios landed into my BAEC account today thanks to the Rental last week… So they did ‘pay’ met to ren a car from AVIS !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls