Are Air France for real???

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

OneA
    Participant

My daughter and her boyfriend booked seats with this outfit to come and join my wife and in Hong Kong to celebrate my 60th. They then decided that they wanted to upgrade to “Business Class” (not that AF make much of it with cradle seats in the A380!). This was going to cost a relatively modest £3300 extra (for 2) INCLUDING A £100 PER PERSON AMENDMENT FEE. No I would have thought that ADF would have been content with getting an extra £3100, but no, they insisted that the fee had to stand, just as if the tickets had been cancelled and refunded, dates changed, times changed or cabin change downwards. Completely stupid and thoroughly annoying IMHO. The tickets were refundable (minus the £100 each) and so I did just that, and cancelled the tickets. So rather than getting £4000 revenue, they got £200 and this free publicity of their complete stupidity and 3rd class service! The BA seat sale provided J seats with an overall cost saving including the £200, and with a flat bed. Has O’Weary taken over Air France or are they just completely idiotic?
    Vote Brexit!!

JohnHarper
    Participant

For an amendment I doubt any other airline would have behaved differently. If they proactively offer upgrades that’s one thing, if you initiate the change that’s something entirely different and you pay a change fee.

Try the same game with BA and you’ll find they behave the same way. The trick is to know what you want before you book in the first place.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls