Anti BaxterStorey Website

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’ve just discovered this website:-

http://baloungefood.com

The website appears to be dedicated to pressurising BA into changing caterers, or getting BS to improve their offering.

BigDog.
    Participant

Judging from the pictures Slop is a fitting adjective.

superchris
    Participant

It is indeed utter slop. To such an extent Ive stopped using the lounges if im in a hurry and want to grab a bite. I go and buy something instead.

Also getting fed up of getting to one lounge only to be told I should use another as my gate is x, by which time i havent got enough time anyway,. How on earth do I find out the gate number before taking a punt no a lounge?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

I dont hink it is an ANTI Baxtertorey site as uch.
    The results of the photos and reports cause that.

I think it is quite open about the situation in BA lounges.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Just about to find out for myself.

I am given to wondering whether this is all down to the self-same BA marketing manager who appeared on the Channel 4 Heston Blumenthal programme which endeavoured to inject some flavour into in-flight catering. Said individual appeared so far out of her depth, it would have been funny if it were not so sad. For someone involved in in-flight catering not to realise that your senses operate rather differently in the much drier circumstances of aircraft flying at 25,000 – 39,000′ as opposed to sea level was truly astonishing.

SimonS1
    Participant

Unfortunately these are the things that get hit when costs need to be cut. Walsh’s comments at the AGM clearly indicate belt tightening to come as new planes have to be paid for, losses at Iberia covered and the likes of Easyjet competed with.

In such circumstances saving money on the food served in lounges by adopting a canteen model is an easy target.

Bucksnet
    Participant

A canteen model doesn’t mean poor quality ingredients, which is what appears to be the case with some of the dishes offered.

Also, how much business are BA losing because people using other airlines and their better lounge offerings? The lost revenue might exceed the catering savings, but I’m sure BA has a spreadsheet/model to work that out, and will start improving once things tip that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls