An article from last year’s The Economist:: BA’s ploy to increase Business Class travel.Did it work?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Could this be why Lufthansa are offering “BOGOF’s”?

Sparepocket
    Participant

What is a “BOGOF”?

Delsurrey
    Participant

Buy One Get One Free

Senator
    Participant

Looking at the LH promotion, it seems to be focused on Easter which I suspect is a time when First cabins are not filled with business travellers.

The more interesting question about LH First is why they are scaling back from 16 seats (B747-400) to eight seats (A380-800). The pursers I have spoken to stated that the eight seats would also be retro-fitted on the B747-400 as well as on the future B747-800 which I believe LH is launch customer for.

Eight seats have been the norm on the A330/340 LH family for a while. It was also interesting to see how LX went from 12 in the A330-200 to eight in the A340-300 and now the same for the replacement A330-300.

Perhaps the First market is getting smaller, and making it more exclusive through upgrading hard/soft products as well as through limiting the number of seats it will allure those really willing to pay for the privilege.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Delsurrey.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls