Amex to devalue Emirates and S’pore points by 30%

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

From Amex – After 4th October, transferring American Express Membership Rewards points to the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Emirates Skywards programs will drop from the current rate of 2:1 to 3:1 – a 33% devaluation.

It appears that 3 Membership Rewards points will then be required to get 1 KrisFlyer Mile or 1 Skywards Mile, rather than today’s lower rate of 2 Membership Rewards points per 1 KrisFlyer or Skywards Mile.
    From what I read today the revised rates apply across the American Express card portfolio. There seems to be no immediate explanation for the devaluation.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Is this a forerunner to devalue across all airline programmnes. Having turned 70 a few years back I no longer get medical insurance as a benefit, not travelling as much so now questioning whether an Amex card is worth the exhorbitant annual charge

cwoodward
    Participant

It seems that Amex have upped the value of points on some other airlines CL2.
    It seems that the rate on CX Asian Miles is now 1to1 however I am not sure if this is a recent change.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

Seems Cathay is doing the same with its rewards charts being ‘revised’. From October 1st Long haul J (5001-7500 miles) redemptions will change from 75,000 miles to 84,000 or ultra long haul (7501+ miles) now 110,000 miles to redeem a seat. First class redemptions increase by 25% to 125,000 for a one way between Hong Kong and LHR.

cwoodward
    Participant

Perhaps aa trifle misleading AHK as tickets on arguably the most popular long-haul routes (London New York Paris etc) have actually REDUCED by 10% points required in economy and many other routes including to Singapore points required are unchanged in all classes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls