American Express offers

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’m sure many readers have already received their American Express email detailing this month’s offers, but as usual there are quite a few travel offers including Eurostar – Spend £60 or more, get £20 back and 10 percent back with Monarch.

american

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi Tom – I’ve not received this, are you able to kindly share a link?

Is it an Platinum card email?
    I receive a monthly one from them. The last one had a good offer on tickets for Gangsta Granny in the West End next Friday 😉

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Sorry for the delay.
    It is Platinum, yes.
    The only link I have is a personal one (because it links through from the email).
    I have tried uploading a picture of the page (because that way you could follow where it is), but this useless forum software is currently not allowing that – hence all the failures you see above.
    I find it by going into Account Home and there is a tab there saying Latest Offers

Bullfrog
    Participant

Whilst this is a Amex Platinum offer, I had similar promotions from BA AMEX. However at that time, Amex were clever enough not to market other family members who already shop from Selfridges. In other words, even if you hold the same credit card, you may not receive the same ‘offers’. It appears they can craft the offers around your existing spending patterns.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That makes sense, although you’d also think they’d want to drive through as much volume as possible (within reason) to persuade the retailers it was worth it.

I know there are some such as the Caffe Nero offer of 10% off that are restricted to the first 20,000 card members.

It also seems to be completely random about whether I can upload a screen grab of the offer so apologies for that – it worked an hour ago, and now doesn’t.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi Tom, many thanks for the pointers. Much appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls