American Airlines B777-300ER Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

It was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, canucklad, since it is the only country I have visited where you get interviewed after getting your travel approval (ESTA) but before you are allowed to check in! Not sure if you have experienced it, but there is a security desk at the AA check-in and you have to answer their questions before they let you go to the check-in desk.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Ian

Thankfully I’ve not experienced it, or maybe that should be unfortunately as I now avoid travel to the US .mainly due to their paranoiac like behaviour.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere in the forum, on my last visit home I couldn’t even convince family and friends to pop down to Point Roberts, and the primary reason cited was “If we’re not welcome why give them our dollars”

A comment referencing the hassle crossing the US border, and see the link for the border in question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Roberts,_Washington

In years past it was a cursory warning to ensure there was a designated driver for the return into BC ! Nothing more

A real shame, because it’s a magnificent country with truly hospitable and friendly people!!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Papillion53
    Participant

TomOtley

I think you are spot on with the IFE comments – the IFE didn’t work at all our on last trip on AA. The Captain (female) made a very prompt executive decision to go rather than have everyone wait for a repair or worse case scenario, serious delay, aircraft change etc.

I, for one, was very happy with her executive decision as I hardly ever use the IFE anyway! DH got his book out and was soon snoring ….. But that’s another thread!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thanks for the review, Tom. I have added a comment to the review as follows, and would be interested on your thoughts:

“I am surprised that in both this and your earlier review of the outbound you refer to there being a “small amount” of stowage. The side pocket under the tray table is actually quite roomy, plus there is the little locker above the cocktail table, and the shoe locker in the base of the seat (as well as the magazine rack and cocktail table). The only business class seats I have experienced with more stowage are window seats on the upper deck of a B747 (and I think the same is true on the A380) but that is because of the airframe, not the seat.itself”

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

Maybe it is a little unfair, but….

The side pocket under the tray table is a decent size – I fitted in a couple of books and a bottle of water in there.

The shoe locker is small and also in a position (on the floor) where it would be very easy to forget things – like the foot locker in BA Club World, except much smaller). I put my shoes in there for one leg of this trip, and couldn’t shut the door without jamming them in.

The little locker above the tray table is where the headphones are stowed, so you have to remove them to use it, and if you put anything large in there the locker door doesn’t shut and swings around whenever there is turbulence. The magazine rack barely fitted a folded newspaper in it since it had several AA magazines in it.

I’d characterise it as an average amount of storage, which is what I meant by “Small” – SIA has more, I think, at least on the B777-300ER and A380, as does JAL – review here

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/japan-airlines/tried-and-tested-jal-b777-300er-business-class

thanks for the comment and also your own reviews,

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/American-Airlines-B777-300ER-Business-1

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls