American Airlines B757 Domestic First (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

chrisrupp
    Participant

I flew from EWR to LAX, flight was good, But on the way back, the flight attendant was so rude. I had to use the bathroom and I asked nicely if I could squeeze past and she said “no, use the bathroom in first. I said that I paid extra money to be treated nicer, but it was a waste of time and money, I will fly virgin America or even united. I’m sure that I will not fly AA again.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I gave up on AA US domestic service a couple of years ago after 2 appalling first class overnights from SFO to BOS on the oldest first class seat in the air …. basically a wide but very tired economy seat. I too was snarled at by the crew, in this case for daring to ask for a second drink!

Virgin America every time for me now! Lack of drink (esp Gin and Tonic) is definitely not a problem on VA First class.

Although to be fair to AA, the new A321 first and business seats look good, as long as they do something about the cabin crew, may be worth taking a look.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Flew in AA F, MIA-MCO on a 757 last week.

A couple of comments from someone sitting in row 1.

1. There were 2 crew + 2 dead heading pilots. It was clearly seen in the flight deck that there were so many suitcases/bags that one of the jump seats was unusable. No idea where at least one of the dead heading pilots sat, but you could not have squeezed anything more into the flight deck

2. The flight was 1 and half hours late departing with no real announcements from the crew. All that could be heard was crew chatter & laughter none of which were directed towards the passengers waiting.

3. The head cabin crew member was messaging from push back t/o (no service) and from when service was reinstated in the descent and even tried making calls, in full view of the passengers, whilst in the air

4. no safety briefing given

5. no cabin walk through either pre take off or pre landing…

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Martyn your post above was fascinating, and almost unbelieveable. Truly shocking service, but I am more worried about are points 4 and 5, is that “legal”?

I thought it was mandatory to give a safety briefing and walk through to check on seat belts, and to not do this, negligence.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It was late and the gestures by both the cabin crew / pilots / dead heading crew was just – lets get going and lets get home… flight was due to leave at 11.00 and ended up going at 00.30..

Not sure what the current rules are for flights over land, whether full safety briefings are needed…

A full bus in typical US style… what was said over the intercom was totally incomprehensible – and it was in English… apparently…

Communipaw
    Participant

Safety briefings (whether verbal over the intercom or by video) are MOST DEFINATELY a requirement for US domestic flights.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls