Amenities Kit on Lufthansa

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

peterraven
    Participant

Recently travelled long haul on Lufthansa very uncomfortable A380 in Economy from Singapore to Frankfurt and then on to London – and back.

Very surprised that LH no longer issue passengers Amenity Kits – no toothbrush, socks, eye masks! I travelled previously on BA and SQ and received an amenities kit – so why not on LH. Saving money, I guess, but most disappointing. Also no menu for the meal and insufficient meals on board to allow all passengers their choice.

Shame on you LH!

SimonS1
    Participant

I can’t remember the last time I received an amenity kit on any airline in economy.

As for the meals this is always a risk in economy, they are hardly going to carry 600 meals for 300 people in case everyone chooses fish or chicken or vice versa.

Sounds like you need to get out a bit more.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Economy class should be renamed Misery class, for that is a more apt description on long haul these days.

peterraven
    Participant

BA and SQ both issue passengers with Amenities Kits in Economy on Long Haul Flights and I have never had a problem with meal selection on either airline.

Your sarcasm was not appreciated!

peterraven
    Participant

Formerly DOS – I agree with you and thanks for agreeing with me!

superchris
    Participant

I think im correct in saying that both VS and EK provide something in the way of an amenity kit to Y class travellers.

As for the meal, sorry Peterraven, im with DOS on this, the airline must take a punt on how many meals to load and its frankly inevitible that some people wont get their first choice. People dont always get their own choice in First class so its definitely going to happen in economy!!

Try and sit near the front, or order a special meal if this is a concern to you. personally, I tend to sit at the back when flying economy and eat before I get on!

SimonS1
    Participant

EK – I don’t think so. Have used then about 20 times in the last year and never had any amenity kit.

peterraven
    Participant

SimonS1 – I travelled with EK to Dubai from Singapore and had a very nice amenity kit – in November 2012 – so maybe you are mistaken
    Also used SQ to London earlier in the year and had an OK kit that flight also – and on the return
    And when I fly SQ there are ALWAYS toiletries in the toilets

peterraven
    Participant

SimonS1 – I travelled with EK to Dubai from Singapore and had a very nice amenity kit – in November 2012 – so maybe you are mistaken
    Also used SQ to London earlier in the year and had an OK kit that flight also – and on the return
    And when I fly SQ there are ALWAYS toiletries in the toilets

I can’t comment on EK, but SQ Economy passengers always receive a Givenchy pencil case kit. I always travel with my own eyeshades and, if I have remembered to put them on, my own socks. For toothpaste, chewing gum is up there with my passport as an essential item.

Oops, except when travelling to Singapore!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls