Am I entitled to compensation from Continental?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

gregd75
    Participant

I flew back to mexico from London last month with Continental airlines.

WhenI arrived at Heathrow to take flight CO005 the check-in agent told me that the flight had been cancelled!

A transatlantic flight cancelled!! I know that there are cencelations every day, but I have never heard of a flight cancelled from an airlines hub and subsequently the return flight cancelled too. I was toldthat is was due to ‘Mechanical problems’

One would think they’d have a spare plane to swith out if something like this happened.

Interestingly, my parents flew continental 2 weeks before meand both their Houston – London and return flights were delayed due to ‘mechanical problems’ 75% of flights delayed because of this issue. Naughty, naughty Continental airlines!

Anyway, as a result of this cancellation,I arrived at my destination 14 hours late. Hidden under a pile ofpapersat the check-in desk was a sheet ‘your entitlements to compensation’ which said I have the right to 800 euros compensation. I have sent an email to Continental and have received no reply (this happenes three weeks ago)

Do you think I am entitled tocompensation,and if so, how long should I reasonably have to wait?

Thanks!!

dutchyankee
    Participant

Greg,

See my post a while back called Continental Disaster!!! Their customer service has to be the worst I have ever encountered. I have still not heard a word back from them. You are most definitely entitled to compensation, and not just as per EU law.

Good Luck and keep fighting them!!

The forum string referred to by dutchyankee above can be viewed at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Continental-Disaster

SheenaPedersen1
    Participant

Find below a link to a page that contains a claim calculator. Ideally they want you to claim through them because I guess they get a percentage, however, you don’t have to. You can key in your relevant details (original flight times + actual flight times) and they will e-mail back to you immediately advising you of whether or not you have a claim. If you do you should write to the airlines website asking them to reimburse you. The maximum amount that can be reimbursed is EURO 600, not 800.
    If you ‘google’ you can easily find the relevant EU regulation that gives you all the details.

http://www.thetravelmagazine.net/i-3096–are-you-entitled-to-airline-compensation.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls