All Cathay regional A330 aircraft to receive a total cabin refit

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Cathay has announced that all A330 aircraft in its 2 class regional fleet will shortly receiving a total tip to tail cabin refit with new seats in both Business and Economy cabins.
    This will rationalise this fleet that has a present a mishmash if cabin and seating types and allow the airline to be able change aircraft as may needed.
    It appears that there will be a totally new design seat coming for regional business class but no details of this were announced.

Will it or will it not be a flat bed design ?

It seems that the generally younger A330 fleet used on medium long haul ( occasionally used for flights as far as Australia) with premium economy and flats beds in business class will not be further refitted as there was a major refit on these aircraft just prior to the pandemic. The few operational older A330s over 20 yo are slowly being retired or returned as leases expire.

Cathay CEO Ronald Lam had previously mentioned that there would be “urgent” upgrades to the
    regional A330 fleet but this the first time that the specifics have been announced.

stevescoots
    Participant

good news, i am flagged for one of the 2+2+2 bangers in J at the weekend from SGN to HKG

christ
    Participant

I am surprised they put the old ones on a premium route such as Singapore.

How is it rationalising the fleet if you still have a mix of upgraded regional flights and the medium haul with flat beds (noting that it is an improvement still).

I reckon it may be like the A321 regional seats and which i found reasonable.

Will they be updating the regional 777 as i had that the other week and it was not great but ok as no one next to me.

Rferguson2
    Participant

I guess it is all a question of perspective.

Imagine if a CX widebody with 2x2x2 recliners popped up on your flight from London to Athens or Larnaca? You would be on cloud nine.

But when your direct competition is SQ with a fleet of almost exclusively flat beds even on short haul, it casts a different light.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls