Alex Cruz thrown under the bus??

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

I remember flying LHR T4 to Cairo in the 90’s in Eco tried to blag an upgrade and was moved up stairs in a 747 only to find it was business class seating they kept with eco food but a nice touch, after losing my bag, I was upgraded to Biz on a new 777 with First class on the flight back, even visited the flight deck (those were the days). I cannot see why Cairo is now A321?

Rferguson2
    Participant

The current state of operations at BA seems no better than when AC was in charge.

An example from Friday night.

Had a booking on the 18:15 flight LHR – EDI.

Passing through First Wing security boarding pass scan it doesn’t allow me to pass. Go to see ground staff – flight cancelled.

Everything else full to EDI. Rebooked on 20:45 flight (which is delayed until 22:00) but not as a confirmed pax. Booked as commercial standby.

Uneasy about being on standby ask if it is possible to be confirmed on a flight to Glasgow instead. Given a seat on the 20:00 GLA flight.

As there are no ticketing staff at LHR (!!) this involves the lounge staff basically calling ticketing and a long wait on hold.

Go to my gate for the 20:00 GLA flight (delayed until 21:15), passing through the boarding pass scanner at the gate – see ground staff.

I had been offloaded. No explanation as to why. Moved to the 21:00 GLA flight which is delayed until 22:30.

Absurd.

My takeaways –

Disruption happens to all airlines. But BA is woefully unable to cope with it. Staff are poorly trained, and although some try their best, the constant abuse from disrupted customers has obviously taken its toll on most of them and they are just completely logged out and switched off almost. It is an attitude of ‘this is how it always is, at least we are getting you somewhere, sometime, tonight’.

IMHO on the short haul front especially, BA just continues to get worst and worst from an operational reliability POV.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

That is just an appealing sequence of non events Rferguson2. I would surely have blown a fuse….
    Time for another one under the bus perhaps ?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls