Airports that keep you fit

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• jjlasne
    Participant

I find my native airport – CDG – annoying, not because of the long walks through the long halls (when the roof is not falling) and the herding of passengers/cattle through ropes et al. but because of the long taxiing from time of landing to the time of either calling at the jetway or parking on the tarmac.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Not to mention, jjlasne, the need to use poorly signposted – and at some times of day, at least, not very frequent – buses to get from one terminal to another. Took us over 40 minutes to transfer when we flew in from HKG and out to GVA

Have you had the opportunity to try out the new CX lounge? I am dying to hear what it is like!

jjlasne
    Participant

But, for whatever reason, everytime I fly out of Oakland on Southwest Airlines, my gate is the furthest away. Not a great hike mind you but still. What are the odds?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Manchester airport (MAN) has for some time now shut off moving walkways putting up a green sign that by switching off this equipment equals xxx thousand cups of tea they could have made per month. Oh yes well by the time I get to immigration I will need one thank you very much.

I rather suspect though they have just given up maintenance and once they break that’s it they use the green initiative!!

JonathanM8
    Participant

Here are a few……
    Landing at FRA T2 having to walk the length of the terminal on the upper level to go down to the lower level, going through passport control and then walking all the way back on the ground floor to get out. Being bussed doesnt seem to shorten the walk by much.

At Malaga, walking along a series of travelators (mostly not working) from where you drop your hire car off to check in, then still further north to security, then all the way back south (but in the terminal) to a B gate which is only a few yards from where you parked the car, as the crow flies

As others have said, BKK, even if just going to the lounge whilst in transit.

MUC on any Lufthansa flight, but no distance at all from taxi set down to plane when I go BA back to LHR from the other terminal.

ARN T5 and also OSL if you land and need to show a passport…the furthest gates are reserved for non-shengen flights – almost a design feature in Scandinavian airports

Inquisitive
    Participant

If shuttle time is to be considered, Frankfurt is worst during a transfer from long haul to short haul. Some of the short haul flights (e. g. Nuremberg) are parked so far away, the shuttle bus travelling time is actually more than flight time to the destination! In addition transfer to T1 via long travelletor with psychedelic lights feels nausetic to me after a long haul flight.

jjlasne
    Participant

Reminds me of O’Hare in Chicago. Connecting from one United flight to another at a different terminal entails taking an underground tunnel which has psychedelic neon lights. After a red eye flight with no sleep, it is quite an acid trip!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls