Airline websites designed to make you cross

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

wowzimmer – yes, of course airlines can try and “market” themselves to us, but if it p****s us off more than it entraps us, then it has failed. Delta has failed with me – clearly, from the evidence on this thread, other airline websites have done the same to others.

It is for the same reason that they do not show a timetable – they want to set the dummy booking in train so that we may say – “what the hell, I’ll go with this”, and they get the business.

I haven’t followed your links for timetables, but I somehow think the second one won’t help me with Delta……

wowzimmer
    Participant

DavidGordon10 – good point, well made! I doff my cap to you on that.
    As for timetables, it was a quick Google search and I can assure you that both links go through to fully functioning timetables on the respective airline websites.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Thank you for the nice compliment wow – but you posted the BA timetable address for both airlines! I know how these things happen….!

Tallinnman
    Participant

Why not go the metasearch route with the likes of Kayak or Skyscanner and if need be work backwards to the airline site. I agree that airline websites are cumbersome, was just commenting today about the date function on United.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I just wish they would all give the inclusive prices upfront, rather than giving a price and then having you click through several more screens to get the taxes, surcharges, fees and everything else

Tallinnman
    Participant

IfHkg – if the US airlines had their way we would have the ‘Transparent Airfares Act’. Only thing was it was to make airfares anything but transparent as they could quote a headline fare and then add any number of charges and unbundled items to that price at a later date in the process.

Had to love their audacity in the naming of the Act – it almost got through, think some other FAA legislation got caught up along side it and it was all mothballed.

canucklad
    Participant

So another thing that really winds me up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the exclamation mark’s !!!!

Imagine yourself, nose to the grindstone, a slave to your computer, or whatever your work tool of choice is. Now envisage a dreich day, as you contemplate sunnier, warmer times……
    As you check you e=mails, you notice a plethora of fare deals.

CX offers you a Vietnamese escape for only £499
    EZ wants to whisk you to the Med for £49.99
    AC will take me home for less than a cost of a tin of sardines

As for the BA, they’re offering the world for next to nothing !!

The buggers, even include a handy link, so you’re one easy click away from your dreich despair!!

And low and behold, like a famished salmon I bite the succulent worm dangling in front of me, only to find myself flapping about their website in frustration as I seek out that fare that tempted me away from the drudgery of work, into the dream of shores far away !!
    And to avail , I end up cursing their corporate cheek and my own stupidity at my gullability, again, and again!!

MrDarwin
    Participant

@canucklad it’s called a Full Moon Riding on Halley’s Comet when Venus is in Uranus on the 29th February Sale.

Also, the overuse of the exclamation marks winds me up 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Plenty of availability on Feb 30th though!

My gripe earlier about lack of timetables and having to make dummy bookings. Now resolved thanks to Expertflyer.com. I never realised they have a timetable section and is very easy to use.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls