Airline food ……… on the ground!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

You have to give Tony Fernandes credit for crazy ideas……

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/21/airline-food-restaurant-sickbag-airasia-dishes

What airline dishes would you enjoy on the ground?

DerekVH
    Participant

Thai Airways caviar!

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

After reading the article it’s not such a bad idea, it’s definitely a great publicity stunt !!

Street food in Asia is big business and if you consider some of the slop that airlines serve up, a feral cat would turn its nose up at , it’s quite appropriate !

https://www.airasia.com/my/en/inflight-comforts/hot-meals.page

And like all things advertised , it looks good enough to eat !!

JJ
    Participant

I always found that its hard for airlines to mess up breakfasts too much as its usually Bacon, Sas and eggs (with some salt and pepper). – Although Virgin Atlantic in Upper tried, by serving me a Luke Warm Full english (didn’t complain as the crew were Above and Beyond on that flight)

Remember Having a fantastic Red Thai Curry in BA Economy to BKK/SYD in 2003!!

nevereconomy
    Participant

Air Asia BOB gets pretty good reviews and from pictures I have seen posted they look pretty good – maybe Mr F is on to something here.

Kjell
    Participant

A big part of the reason the food in airplanes tend to taste the way it does, is the dryness of the air and cabin pressure in the aircraft.

The same food on the ground will almost inevitably taste better. I think this is a good idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls