Aircraft ‘geek’ question .. BA .. A350 vs 777 vs 787

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

I’m due to fly from Mumbai to London next week and BA operate 3 types of aircraft as follows :

02,10 – 07,05 – A350-100 – new Club suite

08,50 – 13,45 – 777-200 – new Club suite

13,15 – 18,10 – 787-9 – old Club seat

I have the choice of any of these flights just wondered which aircraft / time would most aviation geeks choose please ?

Thank you

cwoodward
    Participant

Its no contest in my opinion
    The A350 is the superior aircraft in almost every way.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Bullfrog
    Participant

The only thing that puts me off is the uncivilised hour of departure.

I flew in to Mumbai on the A350 with new Club ..
    09,30 / 00,10. It was a great flight with excellent crew & two very good meal services for a flight that was only 8 hours 15 mins.

Bearing in mind the A350 is an awful flight time departure, I guess I should have phrased the question, which of the other two options would be preferred.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Bulldog: again the A350 but seeing as you asked which of the other 2, I’d go with the 772.

I’ve flown the old CW on all their variants and honestly the 787 version specifically feels so cramped.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thank you for your advice .. I have now switched to a 777 service with new Club Suite

Cheers

christ
    Participant

I would have gone with the a350 and then the 777

superchris
    Participant

Clearly the A350 is the more comfortable aircraft and product. However for me, timing plays a big part.

If time / business allows I think theres no better relaxation that sitting in a club seat (even the old club world) on a day time flight to work my way through the wine list with a good book!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Hi Bullfrog and I like these conundrum questions seeking advice!

You have made your decision but for future reference and for other posters I would have reflected on the following factors. Have not been on the BA A350 yet so cannot comment on that aircraft but :-

The flights which leave India 1-2 am have a full meal service which is fine for some but not so good for others. Indian routes on BA are different to other 8-9 hour routes in that they give 2 full meal services as opposed to the meal and snack offerings on similar length routes. This is due to the huge competition they face from EU and ME3 rivals.

The 777 has lovely big windows to view the landscape below and of course the ones on your flights have been fully refurbished.

Now the 787 is a not an aircraft I say many good things about on this forum (especially the VS ones), however they do have excellent air quality and you arrive in better shape due to this than other aircraft. What I don’t like about these planes is the windows which the cabin crew can dim or turn off – handy if you want to see out and appreciate the splendour of our planet. Also although the BA ones still have the older seats, if you get the bulkhead facing window seats at the back of each cabin you do not need to navigate getting over another person’s legs as you have direct aisle access. So on a night flight a BA 787 is quite attractive.

Do let us know how your flight goes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls