Airbus Window seat with no view

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

malcolmchisholm
    Participant

I recently travelled by Easyjet and found that one row of seats has a bulkhead where the window should be.

Now that Easyjet has introduced allocated seating, does anyone know which row has this “window seat without a window”? They operate Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft.

Alternatively, can you tell me which rows are guaranteed not to have a bulkhead where the window should be?

Many thanks,

Malcolm Chisholm

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve never travelled Easyjet, but being a one class offering and from watching “Airport” on TV which features them, I can’t see where the bulkhead would go other than in the very front or very back.. So I’d avoid the first and last rows to be safe.

first_class_please
    Participant

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Malcolm,

I had the same problem on a 319 (I think) operated by SN the other day. I have also had the same problem on AY (a 319 or 320).

I don’t know the precise row number, but it is between the leading edge of the wing and the front of the cabin.

I think (but wouldn’t swear to it) that if you sit behind the leading edge of the wing (not literally, before VK makes a quip), all windows do actually have windows!

I hope this might help.

Regards, Simon

malcolmchisholm
    Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED! I have found the answer!

The plane was a Boeing 737. If you look at a 737 there is a window missing on each side, forward of the wing. Easyjet no longer has any 737s, so there is no problem.

Thank you for your patience and interest.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

Drumochter
    Participant

I travelled on an easyJet A319 from Gatwick to Glasgow last Friday and can confirm that the last row in the cabin before the rear galley has indeed no window – interior panelling is where the window would normally be.

Best regards

Allan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls