Airbus Future Concept

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2003052/Transparent-plane-2050-passengers-sky-cabin-walls.html

In flight putting practice, a touch of amateur astronomy, northern/ southern lights up close, see the lightening bolt travel through your plane – bodes well for real IFE

Though recalling the sales pitch of the superjumbo A380 and all the room for everyone to mingle, drinks bars, bar seating, multiple treatment rooms etc didn’t make it into the final config as the operators chose to max pax. Hopefully this will be different as it is composition of the flying tube itself which is the marked difference.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I saw this as well. Amazing. How spectacular would be the lightning shows. I wonder if it will ever be built? I’ll be in my nineties (hopefully;-) ) by 2050 so probably to old to fly anyway. Would really want the first row seat though.

Binman62
    Participant

LuganoPirate…

Fabulous, some people have great imaginations.

but

for the front row there will be a surcharge!!!

Will you be able to see your bags not being loaded?

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Binman, the pity is they do not have such great imaginations. Most of these concepts were thought of some 60 or 70 years ago by one of my hero’s, Burnelli.

Have a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/62y5uyh

or else google Burnelli. Of course he did not have the materials we have today but none-the-less many of these concepts were built and di fly. It’s a shame they were not adopted commercially, flying would have been safer and more fun if they had.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Methinks transparent aluminium was first mooted by Mr. Scott
    (aka Scottie, Star Trek, Long Voyage Home) 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls