Airbus A320 vary width of economy seats.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Airbus is to offer a config whereby the aisle seat is two inches wider (20 in) than normal economy seating to help with obese pax.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160322/Chub-class-Airbus-makes-wider-airline-seat-fat-flyers-extra-inches–slimmer-travellers-lose-space.html

The inside seats will be shrunk from 18″ to 17″.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Why just the a320’s? that is highly unfair for people flying on an a380, 330 etc.

In the case of the guy in the pic, isnt it more dangerous from a health and safety point sticking him on an isle seat

capetonianm
    Participant

I think this is another DM halftruth. Generally, seats and configurations are specified by aircraft buyers/users, not the manufacturer.

craigwatson
    Participant

I thought I heard on the BBC this morning that it is American Airlines that is interested in this configuration. This may not be politically correct, but I think when your that big you should be denied boarding, as Becky says, it is a clear H&S issue. I would refuse to sit beside or near as it would impede a hasty evac incase of an emergency.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Will there be differential pricing so that people with a smaller seat pay less?

IIRC the middle seat in a standard 3×3 config on the A320 is slightly larger already to make up for it being in the middle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls