Air Transat advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• azidane
    Participant

Greetings all, I wonder if anyone has any advice for me.

I’m booked to fly with AirTransat from Manchester over to Canada in mid May and I need to reschedule my flights to June. I have tried their UK number 4 days running giving up after hours on hold each time and my booking can not be found when I try to use manage my booking.

Any advice on what to do?

I am thinking of driving to Manchester airport to try and speak with someone but as they only fly Tue, Wed’s, Thurs and Fri it means taking a day off work and being self employed quiet costly.

fqtvgla
    Participant

Rather than take a day off work why not try their contact centre in Canada? The number is 1-866-234-5136

1 user thanked author for this post.

azidane
    Participant

Quick update on situation and in need of advice.

I managed to finally get through to Air Transat to change my booking and was informed there was no charge and no fare difference but when I checked in manage my booking the Option Plus package Inc hold baggage and seat selection for £69 EW was not showing. After spending another 2hrs to get through to them I get told Option Plus didn’t move with my booking as its non refundable, tried explaining I did not cancel the ticket, I changed it so am not asking for a refund and they are adamant I have to pay when the T&Cs only state not refundable.

Any advice on the legalities of this would be greatly appreciated.

sandiego1
    Participant

Like most low-cost carriers, I would not expect any ancillary fees to carry over, I think you were lucky to get a transfer to June as at this stage most would be charging you for that as well.

azidane
    Participant

After finally managing to get hold of AirTransat through Insta and they informed me that their agents were incorrect and reinstated my Options Plus.

Insta is the quickest and most efficient way of dealing wit AurTransat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls