Air New Zealand lease a Cathay Pacific 777-300 for 3 years

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

It is widely known that ANZ has been short of aircraft and been forced to wet lease to cover its network.
    The aircraft being leased is a 14 year old 4 class B777-300 registration B-KPJ that has been in storage in Alice Springs since 2020.

It is reported thatANZ will not change the Cathay cabin interior or livery and will sell the first class cabin as ‘Business Premier Preferred’

The aircraft will join the ANZ fleet early in 2024 with a lease period is 3 years after which the aircraft will be returned to Cathay Pacific

1 user thanked author for this post.

Olneyflyer
    Participant

I went through Hong Kong a few weeks ago and business has really returned to the country. Indeed all my Cathay flights were exceptionally busy. I am surprised that they will have no use for this aircraft during the next three years.

tomyam42
    Participant

According to Planespotters it was leased by Cathay and returned in September 2022. Since February 2022 it has been in Xiamen, Istanbul, Amman, Lleida (Spain) and San Antonio. If Planespotters is correct, I think it is unlikely to be coming back to Cathay.

cwoodward
    Participant

The above is correct – the first published reports were incorrect.
    The aircraft was leased by Cathay for some years but was returned to Air Lease Corporation when the lease expired. It no longer has CX levery but all reports indicate that the cabin remains unchanged. Apologies for the wrong detail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls