Air Miles and Tier point credits and claims

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

In the scheme of things (and in isolation) this a minor irritation. However as this is now happening every trip, it is beginning to wind me up a tad – something extra to chase.

I am BAEC but most trips involve two or 3 one-world airlines.

At the end of each trip there is always one sector where avios and tier points do not appear. Finnair have been the culprit on a couple of occasions and now it’s CX’s turn to cause additional work. To be fair, the claim process via the BA website is straight forward, but rarely do the missing credits appear within the 8 week waiting period.

Currently, the claim status after 4 days has changed from pending to rejected – so now its a phone call.

Why cant the airlines get the award of avios and tier points correct straight away?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Cargoman
    Participant

Have experienced the same problem

My wife and I are both BAEC card holders
    Last October we flew to Fiji in J
    AY AMS-HEL-SIN and FJ SIN-NAN
    Our FF numbers were in the booking and confirmed on the boarding passes
    We were credited all of our AY miles and tier points but not our FJ ones.
    Contacted BA and provided all information requested
    I eventually received the miles and points for SIN-NAN in economy not business and nothing for the return
    My wife never received anything for either leg
    I got totally fed up contacting BA so gave it up as a bad job.
    I just missed retaining my gold status shortly after that flight
    I would still have been slightly short even with the full credit but can’t help but wonder what would have happened if I had only needed those for the retention.

onajetplane
    Participant

As a probably slightly unhelpful reply, and maybe a reminder of how lucky I probably was… BAEC Gold booked to fly NZ – UK on Qantas/Qatar. Land in Sydney (long 7 hour layover) to get a text message advising me a change in my schedule… essentially now had a night in Sydney and then also a stop (and night) in Stockholm (from Doha) en-route to London. Details of hotels that had been booked. London arrival was now 2 days later. All very bizarre. Staff in Qantas F lounge could not have been more helpful. Told me to leave it with them as they also said it all seemed very odd… “go and enjoy the champagne…” Some time later they came and found me, asked would I be happy to go the gate almost immediately to take Singapore Airlines back to London – which I immediately accepted. I actually wrote to BA thereafter and explained that I basically lost out on considerable TP/Avios due to no fault of my own (albeit technically I could have just accepted the re-route and got them). To my surprise they credited the TP and Avios to my account even though I didn’t fly OW metal. An unexpected win. I also sent notes of praise to Qantas noting respective names of the agents who had helped me given it was above and beyond – particularly as I wasn’t even Qantas FF – and Qantas sent a very nice reply. I guess a total anomaly all round.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I also have a tale of good fortune from last year. I was booked on the return leg of a flight from London to Accra. BA cancelled the flight and offered to book me on the same flight 24 hours later. However this did not fit well with my work plans and I explained that I needed to get back to Accra earlier. They then booked me on Qatar instead which, despute a few hours in Doha, got me back to Accra about 12 hours later than I had originally planned.

This was a great opportunity for me to enjoy Qatar business class and to fly on an A380 (my first experience). But crucially, it doubled the tier points I would have earned if I had taken the direct flight. And that was enough (with 15 points to spare) to tip me into Gold membership, which I am now currently enjoying.

Occasionally things do work out well!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Filbyemt
    Participant

I took ill in Thailand & could not make my flight on RJ to Madrid (then should have been on to LHR later). So booked CX via Hong Kong to London in business class next day. Have submitted partner claims on BA Exec website 4 times and all rejected. Have made 3 phone calls to silver line number and still no one there can tell me why it is being rejected. Very frustrating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls