Air India new inflight safety video

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

I know we’ve had convo’s on the QF ones recently. I thought this was very well done. Colourful, crisp (less than 5 minutes) and whilst it’s a good showcase of India, it doesn’t distract much.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Rferguson2
    Participant

It is a really beautiful video.

An Indian friend who watched it was however unimpressed, claiming that it perpetuates the ‘light skin is the right skin’ debate that she says is prevalent in Indian communities.

cwoodward
    Participant

But does it sell the airline to the majority its potential audience as well as performing its primary function?
    I believe that it does – and that seems to now be a perquisite of Safety Videos

justloveflying
    Participant

Absolutely loved this and thank God they didn’t do a Qantas.

Amazing how various Indian dance forms could immerse seamlessly into the safety demonstration.

If Qantas had perhaps looked at Qatar Airways “Postcards to the world” safety video, then it would have likely been like this :

Although all of Qatar Airways Subcontinent destinations generate daily and all year revenue, I was surprised not to see Lovely Lahore as one of the “postcards”. Lahore is definately a destination worth visiting if for the food alone 🙂 and contributes heavily to Qatar Airways bank balance.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I loved the video and am glad they didn’t go the cliched route of Taj Mahal and sightseeing/food stuff, but instead spotlights arts/culture.

Rferguson2
    Participant

I am really hopeful that the ‘new’ Air India will be successful in its endeavours to modernise. I still have a soft spot for them, when I was in my 20’s I spent a year doing a monthly commute backwards and forwards from London to New York and I used to use them as their fares were cheapest on the route (they flew LHR – JFK and YYZ at the time).

I always felt so well looked after by the crew, they were old school hostie glam and the food was AMAZING.

3 users thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

One good thing Indians are very good at is authentic hospitality – regardless of hard product or sometimes, knowledge.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Woodpecker
    Participant

I was too distracted (happily, I should add) by the sights, sounds, colours, vibrancy & backgrounds of the video to even pay attention to the safety aspects.

This would not be out of place in an Indian tourism advert, were it not for the fact that it actually is a safety briefing.

Well done Air India. Now if only the Indian airports could get their transfer/transit acts together……

1 user thanked author for this post.

Inquisitive
    Participant

My first business class trip was in Air India from Asia to USA with a break in London. Those days it used to have a stopover at Dubai.
    The service was so good and I really felt like Maharaja. The crew is normally very friendly and meet most additional food and drinks demand where possible. I think it was very similar if not better than SQ.

I also hope that they flourish under Tata management.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls