Air India expected to launch London Gatwick to Bengaluru in April

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

I Just posted a Simple flying link in my previous post, it says the service starts from 1st april

Auto Alpha
    Participant

As of latest update, Air India’s BLR – LGW is scheduled for May 01 with 4x weekly with B788 Aircraft.

Bookings to open soon.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Bookings for May 1 start date ought to open soon.

Schedules are:

AI 177 BLR-LGW 14:05 – 20:05

AI178 LGW-BLR 21:35 – 11:50 (arrive following day)

B787 flights operate every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Auto Alpha
    Participant

It’s rumoured that once the AI UK merger is done, the LGW flights for BLR will shift to LHR with UK’s slot at LHR.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I read on the Aeroroutes website ( which IMO is excellent, very detailed and authoritative) that AI has pulled the BLR/LGW schedules. Perhaps it is a tweak of the schedules and the new schedule will be announced soon but thought to add it here.

I hope it is OK to refer to Aeroroutes as they and BT are not rivals but both high quality sources.

Perhaps more news will come to light or perhaps BT editorial will reach out to AI for clarification.

cwoodward
    Participant

I have long used Aeroroutes to update my knowledge and agree that they are an excellent source.

pson
    Participant

Looks like someone in Air India read this thread and is now planning to re-introduce Kolkata-London non-stop flights. Not much details available on the web yet.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m sure a Kolkotta flight would be to LGW and not LHR. If they can time it well with connections to Bangladesh, it maybe a winner.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Despite the delay I do believe AI will announce a non-stop BLR-LGW service eventually.

Yesterday there was news from Air India that it intended to develop BLR into a hub for southern India.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

The romantic in me would love to see direct flights to Calcutta again (how long has it been??) and perhaps Calcutta even becoming a mini-hub for the region.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls