Air India B777-300ER Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

lrajeev
    Participant

Flew from Delhi to Hyderabad on Air India, just because I couldn’t get a ticket on the Train.

Choose the Airline because, I hadn’t taken its flight for more than 15 years.Had been choosing the low cost airlines all the while.

Boarding:

The flight came from Chicago two hours earlier and was very warm by the time we boarded.

Now, the crew were expecting 60 passengers from the New york flight to board our flight and that flight was late by an hour, and so our flight had to wait for them.

After about 45 min of heat and thirst the A/C started and we felt a little comfortable, but all were queuing at the back for water, the attendant was generous with.

Announcement confirms all but 6 passengers have boarded.We wait 20 min more and all are aboard.

The captain comes on Air and briefs us with the needed information and starts the engine.

The Seat:

The seat was 32H on the Aisle was comfortable as any of the latest B777 economy class 3X3 having enough legroom, My friend with whom I traveled was 6 ft and didn’t complain.The seat had a soft head rest and,the bonus was a soft blanket on the side.Seats were new as was the plane.

Service:

Food was served quickly and I found the Senior Attendants in sari’s were more attentive and receptive towards us than the new young ones, who served quickly & efficiently.

The senior on the other aisle was asking for a second helping on the Coffee /Tea, which was only offered once for us.

I found out that the flight was on tarmac two hours before my boarding and most were tired.

Flight:

It was an evening flight and the skies were just darkening as we took off.

The take off took a little while as Another plane’s tail was blocking the runway.This i could see on the screen above(from the outside camera, I think). In a few minutes we were off, and climbed steadily & swiftly to higher altitude. No bumps, everything smooth.

Entertainment:

My Touch screen controls/remote didn’t work, as it was for a few other around and so i only saw what was shown on it. Had no choice but one.I could switch if of at will. This I did.

The Landing:

It was the most unbelievable landing, so soft that we thought we were still in air, floating over the air strip.

The Captain’s name sounded like a Parsi’s.I would really like to meet him.

We quickly deplane and were home quick as we didn’t have any baggage other than a handbag.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls