Air France B777-300ER (Config. 2) Affaires (Business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Air France 773 CDG – SIN Business Class Jan 2012

Connecting from an AMS flight, lounge was overcrowded and in quite a dirty state. Little decent food there, mostly pre-packed snacks, and everyone seemed to “pounce” when a few sandwiches brought out. Food on the floor all over, dirty tables.

The Aircraft when getting on looked old, faded and shabby. Found my seat not looking right with the headrest clearly broken and bent over, leaning to one side. I had to call the crew, so it clearly did not bother them pre-boarding, and they had to call an engineer. It kept falling down the entire flight. the seat was awkward and i had to put a blanket underneath as it was very uncomfortable with a hugs gap between cushions when in angled sleep position.
    My entertainment system did not work throughout. My colleagues’ kept going on and off. I gave up on it along with any hope of the flight being similar to my recent KLM one to Singapore.

Food was slow to service almost 1.5 hrs to even get the starters out. Crew not really motivated or genuine.
    My colleague was given a meal that was col…un-heated completely yet they did not notice!
    They had the nerve to take it away and produce the same one 20 minutes later, burnt and splashed, a really poor state to serve. They did now know one wine on their list from another, and did not supply what was on there even for a long haul 773 of 13 hr flight!
    Neither of us had could recall such a poor meal service on a long haul flights.
    I could not sleep in the seat especially with the broken headrest. Crew were noisy and did as little as possible for anyone, many people commented how poor the service was.
    Breakfast was again poorly managed, awkwardly served with little co-ordination between crew members and no Managerial supervision.
    Landed on time in Singapore, hungry, tired and desperate to get off this 13 hr very poor standard flight.
    The bags did not come out as Priority for many Business or frequent flyer passengers. Waits of over 30 minutes when other flights were doing quite well compared all around us.
    Clearly ground services for Air France are poor both ends, but perhaps it is just the people they employ or the lack of managerial supervision to be really bothered.

Neither of us will ever choose Air France for long haul again, the standards were truly awful.
    Despite complaints to AF these have been avoided and not replied to for over 4 months.
    So, merely adds to the extremely poor standards, and really slow and one of the worst long haul flights either of had ever done in 10 years.

Compared to a KLM Business class option taken some months before to Singapore, I would highly recommend them, they were superb. Amazing these two Airlines are linked, but a great blessing that the KLM brand was preserved, along with the genuine friendly Dutch standards.

We also flew on Thai Business Class BKK-SIN on an old 772 a week later, and then SQ down to Sydney on the A380 Business Class. Ai France was in no way to any standard either of these others met, aircraft aside.
    Food was exquisite, service polite and professional, all clean and in working order for all on board amenities.

Neither of us will choose Air France again for long haul flights.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls