Air France B777-200ER (Config. 1) Affaires (Business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

This review relates to the Paris – Saigon leg of a journey that commenced in Glasgow via Amsterdam, availing of Reward Tickets which were readily available on the route. Arriving at CDG from a Schengen destination, we exited Terminal 2F to go landslide before entering 2E via security. As it was the holiday period, the airport was very quiet and formalities speedy. I did, hover, encounter a major dislike in security as, having activated the bleeper, I was patted down by a someone smelling strongly of tobacco, making the experience doubly unpleasant.

Terminal 2E has a dated feel to it and many of the shops appeared to be closed or in refurb. We went to the large AF lounge for our wait and enjoyed the good range of drinks and limited by tasty snacks.

Boarding commenced on time and there was a priority lane for Business and Skyteam Elite passengers. However, a lack of signage at the two air bridges meant that many Economy passengers chose the forward air bridge and made the settling in time in Business difficult. There must have been some problems with connecting flights because the whole boarding process was protracted and went on past the scheduled departure time.

Jackets were taken, hung on pre-numbered hangers and a choice of champagne or a very tasty red berry fruit cocktail given. A simple amenity kit and water was available at the seat. This service is 3 class without First so we had chased seats in Row 1. Configuration is 2-3-2 so window/ aisle is best for couples. There is no forward galley and only one toilet so Row 1 was peaceful enough.

Pushback was some 20 minutes late and then there was a very long taxi so that take-off was some 45 minutes after schedule. The flight was 11’45” and a late arrival of about 30 minutes predicted.

AF seating is frequently criticised and, while not fully flat, I found the options available for both sitting and sleep very acceptable. The traditional seating does not give the privacy of other airlines or the sense of space but comfort was not an issue.

Service throughout was cheerful and attentive – cabin crew had clearly ‘got to know’ their customers in advance. Menus were provided early and the choice of both food and drinks great. – a real strength on AF upon which they capitalise. I wanted a light meal and chose a delicate steamed tilapia with fluffy rice – melt in the mouth stuff!

The Business Cabin, although full, was very quiet throughout the night and I did not avail of the snacks available throughout the journey in the galley. Breakfast was served at the last possible time, just 55 minutes out (unlike Emirates with their 2.5/3 hour before landing service) and again was excellent. The coffee has to b the best I have tasted in the sky.

Arrival was 30 minutes late as predicted and Vietnamese visa/i immigration, chaotic to the the uninitiated eye, worked well so that we were airside in our taxi, together with our luggage within 30 minutes of landing.

All in all, a very pleasant travel experience notwithstanding the somewhat messy boarding procedures.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls