Air France – Another Incident?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Oh dear, another incident due to inadequate pilot training in which a small increase in speed leads the pilot to pull back and climb 3,000′ without noticing the autopilot had disconnected. Neither could they remember what had happened when asked for their report after the flight!

“Incroyable”.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/a340-zoom-climb-inquiry-backs-shock-tactics-372060/

LeTigre
    Participant

Another part of this article that had alarm bells ringing in my head was the following:

“The BEA says the crew missed several visual cues pointing to the A340’s attitude and position, including the nose-up pitch of 12?, the high climb rate, the excessive altitude, and instrument panel signals that the autopilot was off.”

How can you miss a 12 degree angle? I know I can’t…

I am avoiding this airline.

watersz
    Participant

yes incredible, I thought most simulater training would be about surprise alarms , with repetative training giving them the tools to deal with them thats why they are getting paid the big bucks , for the big reposibilities in big planes

Swissdiver
    Participant

A new joystick shortcoming… Captain didn’t see what the first officer was doing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls