Air France A380 Voyageur (Economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

newbieflyer
    Participant

LON – CDG – on a A320. decent enough service, on time with a snack and drinks service. Change over at CDG was smooth and was perfect for an hours transit time.

CDG – JNB – on their A380. Managed to get a window seat on the upper deck economy section. Wonderful place to be, as you have a pretty small cabin size to make you feel less crowded.

Once again excellent service and the food was very good. Once dinner and drinks were served (it was night flight departing CDG at around 23:00) the bar was kept open through out the night.

The dinner was a choice of chicken or a fish dish. I opted for the chicken which was much better than what I have previously had in long haul economy flights.

In-flight entertainment was very very good, maybe not as good was EK, but more than sufficient for a 10 hour flight – good choice of latest movies in a lot of different languages. Stewards did their best.

The return leg was similar – got an upper deck window seat again.

All 4 sectors on time (+\- 15 minutes from time of departure); great service, good food, great in-flight entertainment, on the whole a well deserved 9\10. the only complaint maybe that the seats a bit too upright and doesn’t tend to recline very much at all, but still manageable and heaps better than the 10 abreast 777 config.

On the whole I think the London – JNB service via CDG is a very good offering considering the price I paid (£497 return – booked 50 days in advance)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls