Air France A380 (four class) Voyageur (Economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

GillThwaites
    Participant

This was the middle leg of our flight to PLZ in South Africa. Security at CDG was yet again very slow and chaotic. The monorail between the two Terminal E buildings wasn’t working, so we had to get on a bus. Once at the departure gate there was a huge queue of people waiting to board. However, we weren’t in a rush so waited.

We were in seats 89J&K on the outward flight, on the top deck. There is a different walkway to the plane dependent on which row you are sat.

The small economy cabin on this deck was arranged in at 2-4-2 configuration, and we had a row of two which was great. There is a very useful storage compartment by the window seat which is large enough for a handbag/laptop bag which means if the overhead storage compartments are full, or you don’t want anything on the floor in front of you, you can utilise this – it is also very useful for putting drinks on!!!

Flight took off on time and landed on time. Flight crew were good, if not appearing too friendly, but very efficient. Like the fact there is a little drinks cabinet provided in the galley at the back so during the night you could help yourself to water, juice, fizzy drinks and snacks without bothering the staff.

IFE was good although my other half wasn’t so keen. A good range of games to play though!

On the return we were in seats 89A&B. Flight crew much friendlier on this one. Again, couldn’t complain about the flight. I’m not a big fan of Air France, but this time we couldn’t find fault with them.

RichHI1
    Participant

Piking up on comment on crew, flew LHR-CDG-FIH affaires on different equipment early in week and both crews were very good. I must admit to speaking to them mostly in French but the surly Disinterested reputation of Air France crew has changed. There is no Premiere to FIH but the service as opposed to food or seats/cabin was worthy of Premiere. No hiding in galley etc. if only they crashed less I could fly them more after this experience.

Vertrek
    Participant

HI Rich,

Good to hear you enjoyed the flight. Now you know why I actually impressed? Especially with all of the bad reviews and my low expectations? 🙂 It seems like they are engaging their fans as well,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9X_9nD_hX4&feature=g-user-u

Safe travel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls