Air France A330-200 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MarkCymru
    Participant

I had missed a connection in Amsterdam and had to re-route through Paris. We came into 2F and this flight was leaving from the N gates of 2E. It’s a long walk but I find CDG well signposted and easy to use. We came from with Schengen so we did not need to re-clear security. Passport control (out of the EU) took 2 minutes through the Priority 1 lane.

I went to the vast lounge in 2E. It has multiple seating areas and food stations. Being France, breakfast was limited to a few croissants, fruit salad and some ham and cheese. There was a good selection of drinks and newspapers, though.

Boarding was efficient and orderly with a well-defined, well-policed queue and no wait for premium passengers. We were greeted as soon as we got on board and an FA offered to hang up our jackets. As soon as we had settled in, we were offered water, juice or champagne and an amenity kit.

We were seated in 5J and K. Because 5J is an aisle seat next to the toilets, we thought it might get bumped a bit and moved the two centre seats in row 6. Both could have been risky: row 5 is a bassinet row but there were no infants on this flight, fortunately. In general, you should avoid this second business cabin for exactly that reason.

This is the new AF design with an extended footwell under the seat in front. Under that footwell is a storage area. As it is an Airbus, the seating is 2-2-2 with no centre seats. Aisle access could be a challenge for the person in the window seat when the seat on the aisle is full reclined. Both our seats had aisle access, though. Apparently, these seats are not full flat but they felt it. They were very comfortable for sitting (you can use the footwell as a footrest even when you are fully upright) and excellent for sleeping. I had three hours sleep on this daytime flight.

The crew were excellent: fast, professional and very friendly. Because I had been rerouted, they did not have my special meal. They offered to make up something from what they had but I had anticipated what would happen bought a selection salads from the excellent fresh food take-away in Terminal 2E and ate those.

After a long walk at Delhi, we cleared immigration in 2 minutes and our bags were waiting for us

An excellent flight with a great crew. The seats are impressive.

Pierre
    Participant

Hi MarkCymru!
    So you found your way finally !
    For many years I flew either to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore monthly and always flew AF.
    I like their service, the food is ok, usually the crew is pleasant and professional.
    The new seats are better than the previous ones, and I expect the replacement of the current ones with full flat.
    On the A330, I always try to get a seat in the first section on the plane, much quietet.
    Enjoy your stay in India !!

MarkCymru
    Participant

PierreAntoine: enfin! I always enjoy my time in India — and eat much too much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls