AF and Paris Airports to announce new Hub today?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

• Anonymous

canucklad
    Participant

According to newspaper eport an AF hub to be announced with Paris airports!! ……Eureka….CDG wasn’t a AF hub after all?

transtraxman
    Participant

Please quote the source.

Vertrek
    Participant

I would think its the new terminal 2G. With the “park themed” AF lounge! 🙂

Pierre
    Participant

Hi,
    Click on ‘air journal’ and ‘journal de l’aviation’.
    There is a new terminal at CDG, which will be dedicated to Skyteam long haul flights. Soon, airlines belonging to alliances will be using the same terminal. Star Alliance, keeping the whole refurbished T1. Skyteam will be using the 2D,2E,2F,2G. OW and Easyjet should be in the 2B.

We put up this story on Thursday:

http://www.businesstravellerme.com/middle-east/news/air-france-to-invest-in-new-cabins

Air France will continue to feed its hub at Paris-CDG and Paris-Orly, as well as its three regional bases at Marseille, Nice and Toulouse, while the grouping of operations by Airlinair, Brit Air and Regional within a new regional hub is designed to cut costs by 15%.

capetonianm
    Participant

Unfortunately CDG as a hub is useless until it’s rebuilt and until the mindset of the people employed there undergoes a radical change. This is merely re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

It’s a shame because AF in the air is not a bad airline.

Swissdiver
    Participant

capetonianm: from what I heard, the new organisation seems to improve a lot transit at CDG. I have yet to try it though…

capetonianm
    Participant

Me neither, but I await the results with interest, as if it really does improve things then AF could do very well. I might even buy shares if it weren’t for the fact that Francois Le Rouge wants to penalise anyone who makes money.

Vertrek
    Participant

I havto disagree Cape, I think I term of interior design, CDG is the best in Europe, very airy and lots of natural light! And I don’t think it is complicated, if u new to go to an E gate, simply get the train to Satelite E, same apply to Gate F and the new G.

Also, the mindset? Well I believe in reciprocality rules, if you are friendly to people, people will be friendly to you too. As simple as that. 🙂

LeTigre
    Participant

The terminals become especially airy when the roof collapses.

Airport al fresco!

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m not overly worried about ‘friendliness’ I expect some level of efficiency, customer service, professionalism, and product knowledge, that is what is lacking.

Vertrek
    Participant

LeTiger,

Still nicer than Heathrow :-)….. Hopefully Terminal East can compete.

Captinianism,

I was helped throughout my shopping, when i couldn’t find the wallet I wanted, the shop attendant took me to another shop to show me more, all were accompanied with smile and politeness. In AF lounge, as I flew in PE intercontinetally I need to pay €25 but as no one is picking up the phone to take payment they straight away make me their “guest” and invited me to the lounge for free (professionalism and taking responsibility without unnecessary prolong thinking).

🙂 one very happy customer of CDG and AF.

capetonianm
    Participant

I have also had good experiences with AF, specially in the air. Generally though CDG is not rated as a good airport to change at. Singling out an isolated good experience is a bit like defending Adolf Hitler because he was kind to stray cats.

*Post edited by Business Traveller to remove offensive language*

Pierre
    Participant

Hi,
    Capetonianm you should at first moderate your language and avoid dull comparisons. As already earlier mentioned, it seems you did not visit Paris for a long time.
    If LHR reaches its limits, ‘The French’ have invested heavy funds to upgrade and renew what had to at CDG, not talking about new terminals, widening the airport capacities. About 60 % of the total number of passengers are in transit in Paris, and as per my information, things improved drastically. Singling out a bad experience doesn’t not allow to extreme(out of purpose) comparisons. I wish transits in South Africa be as bad as in Paris, not talking about the security check at JHB international on friday nights, flying back home..which doesn’t not mean than OJTambo is a bad place. Needs fixing. Happy journey !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls