Aerotel Heathrow Terminal 3

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It must be coming soon, but still no word…

https://www.myaerotel.com/gb/en/heathrow/home/

This was the scene at the beginning of September… and it hadn’t changed when I went through at the end of September either.

Aerotel-Sept

Bearing in mind how long it takes to open a lounge at the airport, I suppose a whole hotel must be difficult, though this is land side rather than air side…

GivingupBA
    Participant

Thanks for that.

I had booked a confirmed room [flexible rate] at the brand new Terminal 4 Crowne Plaza hotel for the end of September, but it did not open in time.

Luckily I phoned them just before the day and asked what was going on [because it still wasn’t open then].

They said “If we’re not open when you arrive, we’ll place you in another hotel”.

I didn’t want to have my hotel chosen for me, so I cancelled my booking with them and booked myself another Heathrow hotel.

[Disclaimer, I am not connected with Crowne Plaza in any way].

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Ah yes, that’s this one, isn’t it?

IHG prepares for double opening at Heathrow T4

“The Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Terminal 4, and Holiday Inn Express London Heathrow Terminal 4 will both be attached to the terminal by a covered walkway.”

Opened at the beginning of this month…. looking forward to seeing those two.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=895807] Ah yes, that’s this one, isn’t it? “The Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Terminal 4, and Holiday Inn Express London Heathrow Terminal 4 will both be attached to the terminal by a covered walkway.” [/quote]

Yes, that’s the one. I was looking forward to staying there. To be honest I thought it was sad they took firm bookings/ credit card details for a place that did not even open by the day of my confirmed booking (but I do give them credit for honestly telling me the situation on the phone). Oh well that’s me I suppose, a bit naive. But I was wise to phone them and ask just before the day I was due to stay there.

Anyway I’m glad to hear it’s open now, and I’ll very probably stay there next time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls