Aeroflot restart Bangkok route next month

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

It is being reported that Aeroflot will fly to Bangkok 7 days a week starting 30th October using A330 aircraft.

As most of Aeroflot’s international fleet is leased I would have thought that the leasing companies would have sought to recover any aircraft that they can find on the ground outside of Russia and certainly if in Thailand.

Possibly Aeroflot also thought that was a danger as I can’t find any listing that shows Aeroflot has any A330 aircraft (but possibly they have) thus I am wondering whose aircraft they are using for the Thailand flights.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

According to its website there will be flights to three destinations (including BKK).

https://www.aeroflot.ru/gb-en/news/62480

DerekVH
    Participant

The Aeroflot website shows seating plans for an A330.

cwoodward
    Participant

Tks Derek – I have found that they have 12 X A330s average age 10.5 years. 3 are parked long term (one in Istanbul !) 9 appear to be operating and all are leased aircraft. It will be interesting to see if it is these that they fly to Thailand. Or perhaps they will ‘borrow’ aircraft from Turkish as they did earlier this year.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls