Aeroflot poised to resume Moscow-Hong Kong flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

This news is more of interest to our Asia-Pacific readers.

News emerged today that Aeroflot plans to restart Moscow-Hong Kong on December 23.

There will be three two-class flights a week operated by A330-300 equipment.

This news is also posted on Aeroflot.ru but I cannot find the link for one reason or another.

However flights are available for booking on Aeroflot.ru

Link to Tass.com

https://tass.com/economy/1678601

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I wonder if Vlad will reciprocate and allow CX to use Russian Airspace for European flights?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not sure I would be comfortable flying any airline using Russian airspace at the moment.

9 users thanked author for this post.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

…or on any Aeroflot/Russian aircraft with unknown maintenance schedules

8 users thanked author for this post.

theflyingnurse
    Participant

Why on earth would anyone want to fly with Aeroflot? There are too many other safer choices.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

I believe that most in HK would rather that this did not happen. The likelihood that British controlled Cathay would ever in the foreseeable future fly to to Moscow I suspect is zero.

3 users thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

Is there really a demand for this> I also thought Airbus and Boeing had stopped supporting maintenance or has this changed?

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

It seems that Aeroflot are still able to secure parts via shady third party sources and also have some maintenance carried out at outports.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

My understanding is maintenance is being done using nonofficial parts, you couldn’t pay me to fly with a Russian carrier now. Resuming this route seems odd, point-to-point traffic must be minimal, and you can’t connect to any of the major markets in Europe (Istanbul perhaps but they have direct competition), so one wonders who on earth will be on this flight. I suppose cargo is a factor, will be interesting to see the load factors once it gets going.

2 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

First reading this my first reaction was just to post “lol” but this is a grown up page!

Not sure but i would not be surprised if an aircraft landed at HKG and did not have the appropriate maintenance procedures and compliance would they let it take off again?

or could this be a wheeze to get the work done in HK…with the obvious OEM spares used, getting round sanctions

cwoodward
    Participant

I don’t believe that any work for Aeroflot would be carried out in HK.
    By far the largest (if not the only) capable maintenance company is Swire owned HAECO who also have a large facility in Xiamen and of course do all of the Cathay work as well as contracts with many international airlines large and small.

It’s been widely reported that the Russian airlines have been sending Airbus aircraft to Iran for maintenance as well as cannibalising some 25 Boeing aircraft for parts.
    MRO Software is also an issue as the major Swiss owned provider reportedly has cut contact forcing the airline to produce its own !

3 users thanked author for this post.

CheerUp
    Participant

‘MRO Software is also an issue as the major Swiss owned provider reportedly has cut contact forcing the airline to produce its own!’

Let’s hope a certain British Airline never has to go down a similar route – struggle to even operate a functioning website!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls