Aer Lingus to offer meal pre order service

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

SwissExPat
    Participant

Aer Lingus will offer the ability to pre order selected meals up to 36 hours before departure (starting later in Feb 2013)

Their website Aerlingus.com had the details.

Looks like one will now be able to get a wider choice of ‘higher specification’ meals in Y both in Europe and also an enhanced level of meal on flights to USA.

The classic EI Breakfast is one of the meals offered and will be available to preorder on all flights, not just in the morning. (In the past they ALWAYS ran out of these due to popularity?)

It looks like J offering will remain unchanged.

I have sampled this type of pre order service on Air Berlin and found it to be good.

?? Is this where we can expect many carriers to go in future, where re order is the way?

Str8Talking
    Participant

Not a bad idea at all, but when I sampled it on good old Kingfisher Airlines, they had no record of my order, and thus had to show documents etc etc. It then became more of a hassle but I put it down to it being a one off.

PatJordan
    Participant

This is up and running now. Last week I booked LHR-DUB, travelling 20th Feb. As well as selecting my seats, I ordered my breakfast outbound.

A voucher is sent by email and needs to be printed and given to the cabin crew.

As well as guaranteeing the availability of a meal, it avoids the need t o have small notes or coin at the ready. Good move Aer Lingus!

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Is it cheaper if you order in advance, compared to the buy on board price?

PatJordan
    Participant

Same prices, tiggerbrown.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

KLM has been offering a better meal service at extra cost and for some time already.

It’s available on most long distance routes out of Amsterdam:

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/on_board/dining_on_board/alacarte_menu.htm

KSHaggag
    Participant

I did try the KLM a la carte meal bookable online on longhaul flights and let me admit that it was perfect and worth the Euros15- surcharge since nowadays the meal offering in Eco on most carriers leaves much to desire in terms of quality and quantity ,especially on longhaul services …AF has copied the idea but I have not tried it yet …OS has it already even on European legs with few very short haul routes exceptions …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls