Aer Lingus Business Class – A330 or A321XLR?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Bath_VIP
    Participant

I’m currently seeing some decent Business class fares to the States this summer with Aer Lingus.

Our destination is in between Cleveland and Chicago and Aer Lingus fly to both from Dublin. Fares are similar with the only difference being that Chicago is served with an A330 and Cleveland with an A321XLR.

Is there a difference in seat type and layout between these 2 planes? Has anyone flown on both and can compare?

YorkshireTraveller
    Participant

They are the same seats as far as i am aware, other than there is 1 x A330 in Aer Lingus Fleet which is ex-Qatar airways and yet to be retrofitted (although rumoured ot happened this month) and that is AWFUL – you will know if you are on it as the seat map will be 2-2-2 throughout – avoid this like the plague.

onajetplane
    Participant

Personally I would take the A321XLR and then select the “throne” seat which means you have no-one beside you… some rows its 2-2 seating and others its 1-1. And also just a smaller cabin so more personal, quicker service (in comparison to what I have received on the A330).

BlazeBreeze
    Participant

The A330 usually has a bigger cabin space and more choices for seats, with flat beds in the business class that are good for long-distance travel. However, the A321XLR may seem smaller because it is a narrow-body plane, yet it also provides high-quality features. If you give importance to having more room and feeling relaxed, the A330 could be the better choice for you. However, if a smaller and cozier space is what you like, then choosing the A321XLR might be right.

FDOS
    Participant

If it is a factor, I’d suggest having a look at the actual flight times on FlightRadar24.

I would expect the 330 to cover the miles more swiftly than the 321 and the flight times to differ, because of this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Having had a coffee break, I thought I’d look up the numbers.

CLE is about 200 track miles less than ORD, so this renders the 330 airspeed increment over the 321 immaterial.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls