Advise on flying back from Toulouse Blagnac

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SamZone
    Participant

I’ve got to fly out to Toulouse on Wednesday for a business meeting.
    Unfortunately the only options flight wise were first arriving in the morning and departing really late (2145) in the evening.

The meeting is going to last until about 1500 latest and as I am being met at the airport and then dropped back off I foresee a long wait at the airport.

I’m after a bit of advice really. I’ve seen Toulouse airport has the La Croix du Sud lounge and at €15 thats fairly reasonable for what they are offering. I know they only allow a 3 hour stay, however it’s going to be very valuable if their “iPad stations” are charging stations for your own iPad.

Has anyone ever used this before lounge before, and was it worth it?
    I know the whole airport now offers free wifi so i don’t necessarily need to use it for that, it would just be nice to kill 3 hours of the 7 hour wait in this lounge if it is good. Also it will give my phone and iPad some much needed juice after the 18 hour day!

One other question, with my flight being at 2145 what time will I be able to pass through security into the departure lounge?

Thanks in advance!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Sam

You might wish to look at spending some time in a local hotel lobby first, there is a Holiday Inn very near and also some others (can’t remember the names), then transfer to the lounge for the 3 hours there.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Is the 3 hour wait actually enforced. I think No 1 lounge have a 3 hour policy too, but never experienced enforcement if Ive gone over….

SamZone
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.
    @FormerlyDoS would Holiday Inn take too kindly to this, or is it a service they offer?

@MartynSinclair that’s what I was hoping, I have read some stories where the staff have been far from helpful, but I was planning on pushing my luck a bit though.

What time can I go through security? I’m checked in online so don’t need to queue up at the desk.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Sam, so long as you buy the odd cup of coffee, they won’t bat an eyelid.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sam, if you are turfed out of the lounge, I would just pay another Euros 15!

I guess it depends on how much of the lounge faciities you will consume use in your allocated time 🙂

A seat in the Holiday Inn or a seat in the lounge is much the same, it really is cost of the teas/coffess and any food offerings that makes the difference.

Bucksnet
    Participant

BA has a flight back to London at 5 PM, so perfect if the meeting finishes at 3.

SamZone
    Participant

@Bucksnet unfortunately the logistics of flying with two separate airlines who operate out of different airports, wasn’t really worth the price difference. I’m flying to/from Gatwick.
    Thanks for all the replies!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls